Wayne State’s Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) is excited to announce that, after a year's hiatus, we have secured a new location to offer free clinical services to Detroit’s Latino population! Amigos Médicos Clinic will now be located at the Mexicantown Mercado in southwest Detroit.
Our new clinic offers us a larger working space to assist even more members of the community. The clinic will provide blood pressure readings, blood glucose readings, and prescription refills, along with other basic services that emphasize health education.
In addition to the listed services, we hope to eventually be able to perform physical exams and offer vision and cholesterol screenings, services we could not provide at our previous location. Although we are more than excited to open Amigos Médicos, we understand the funds required to expand our clinical offerings are high.
On behalf of LMSA and all of those involved in the Amigos Médicos clinic, we ask that you consider making a financial or supply donation to the clinic as we approach our opening day in June. Any amount is greatly appreciated and will go a long way in setting up our new clinic.
Together we can make a difference in our community!
The LMSA Board Members
You donations help us cover the cost of the following supplies:
- Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope Set ($500)
- AccuTrend Plus Monitor (Cholesterol) ($250)
- Testing strips for AccuTrend monitor (approx. $100/ 25 cholesterol strips)
- AUVON DS-W Blood Sugar Kit w/ Lancet and Strip Refills (2) (approx. $70 each)
- Blood Pressure Device and Cuffs ($380)
- Thermometers (2) ($15 each)
- General supplies ($100/month):
- PPE (gloves, masks, etc)
- Cleaning supplies
- First aid kit/wound dressing materials
- Hand sanitizer