© 2021 Wayne State University, All Rights Reserved
WarriorFunder is Wayne State University’s crowdfunding platform for student community-based fundraising. Donors have a new avenue to provide support directly to the schools, programs, and specific projects at the university that are most meaningful to them. Through WarriorFunder, students, alumni, friends, faculty, and staff can make a collective impact on our campus community.
Before applying for crowdfunding, please review our Policies and Procedures and the information below.
3 PHASES OF A PROJECT
QUIET PHASE (Campaign Pre-Launch)
• This phase will begin approximately 4-6 weeks before the project’s launch date.
• This time will be spent getting your campaign ready (writing content, creating videos, compiling your email list, developing strategies, etc.).
• Your project team will go through training and receive helpful tools to guide you through each phase of your project.
ACTIVE PHASE (Campaign Launch)
• This phase will last 30 days and constitutes the live campaign.
• These weeks are crucial! During the campaign, team members are expected to send out at least three (3) email “asks” to their personal contact lists, make four (4) or more updates to their project page, push out asks via social media, and otherwise make themselves available to answer questions about and raise awareness around their project.
FULFILLMENT PHASE (Post-Campaign)
• After the project, groups are responsible for sending out thank-you emails, final updates, and any promised perks to donors.
• Remember—making your donors feel special now means that they will want to come back and support your next project.
Have more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donation will be processed by Wayne State University and distributed to the program, group, organization or department leading your selected project.
Go to the project page of your choice.
Click the “Pledge Support” button.
Enter the amount you would like to contribute in the yellow box at the top, and select the radio button for the donation level — and perk — of your choice.
Fill out your information and click "Pledge Support."
On the next two screens, click "Continue Checkout." You will be led to enter your credit card information.
Click "Continue Checkout" once more, review your order, and you're done!
Yes. All gifts made through the WarriorFunder platform will go directly to Wayne State University through the University's official payment processing vendor, Cashnet and are tax-deductible.
Yes. Wayne State University will send you a receipt for your contribution shortly after you make your gift.
Your credit card is charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site.
Yes. 100% of your gift will go directly to the project that you support.
Yes. Wayne State University’s crowdfunding platform, Scalefunder, will not share any of your information. All gifts are collected through CashNet.
Yes. If you prefer not to have your name listed as a donor, simply uncheck the box that says “display name" when you checkout.
Of course. Once you select one project to support, you will be prompted to continue reviewing projects or go to checkout, similar to an online shopping experience.
Call toll-free (888) WSU-GIVE or email email@example.com.